Day 2 still...

Saturday, July 28, 2007




I had made phone calls to about ten different hotels in Fresno, asking each employee how much it cost to sleep at their hotel. It was late, we had slept in the car the night before and I was just ready to go to sleep. Without thinking, the words came out of my mouth automatically to the man at the Hampton Inn, but very very wrong. "Hi, How much does it cost to sleep with you... (hysterical laughter after the words issue out of my mouth and Jarom looks at me in amazement).. in your hotel?" Nice, now not only do I ask the man to sleep with him, but if possible at the hotel. Is there a packaged deal? Classy. Offended he informs me that there are no rooms available and curtly says goodnight, while I am in a fit of giggles so bad I can't even answer. And we begin!
Also... there is a hotel called the "Shiv hotel." What the heck? I'm sorry, but how can you possibly get a goodnights sleep at a hotel where you must be concerned about being gutted all night by a makeshift prison weapon. Very frightening. And the hotel was extremely expensive. Hey, it's not cheap to get rid of dead bodies these days, there are rules and regulations. And getting paperwork to dump a body is pricey.

1 comment :

Megan said...

Holly- you crack me up. I love reading what you write!!! You guys are totally inspiring us to do this trip.