Paco Taco...?

Sunday, August 12, 2007



So Jarom and I inherited a cobalt blue beta fish named Paco from Scott and Megan. He has been dubbed the fertility fish. One night he was particularly crazy and jumpy and was swimming around in a frenzy. Wondering what was wrong with him I voiced my concern out loud. "I wonder what's wrong with Paco..." I mused to Jarom. Without missing a beat he answered (Jarom, not Paco), "He realized we've broken his streak." Poor paco, we will have to find a new nickname for him, how about Paco the frenzied fish, or Paco the fantasic fish. I'll get back to you. Anyhow, I am smitten. He eats his dried fish food like he's a shark, sneaking up on the lifeless bits of worm and attacking, while swinging his head around savagely. He is also incredibly nosey and stares in our direction when we are in the kitchen, the living room and when we come into the apartment. I love him. Thanks Scotty and Megan!

4 comments :

Jillyboo said...

you are so cute. I love reading these blogs of yours

Katherine said...

Hi Holly!! Thanks for your comment on my blog. My mom loved you kids so much. I mean it, almost as if you were her own children. So I really loved reading your comment. It meant a lot. We love your family very much. I love your blog. What a great fish! We had a rabbit like that, who was so cute. He'd just follow you around the house or run through your legs... but then my dad went to bed and left the door wide open? it was really strange, anyway the rabbit ran out and that was the last we ever heard of poor Ruprect. Strange name for a rabbit. Our family loves the movie Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. So at least your personality-plus fish won't run out on you if you leave the door open. I'll be checking in on you! :)

JonandLo said...

Cous..HI!!!!! Where are you guys living?? Are you down here in Cali? So, I'm married, which you probably knew and we just moved down here in May. Funny, I've been thinking to ask Jules for your email or number. I got your blog thru hers. We have to get together. Steve and his wife and new baby are down here too for another month. you look gorgeous by the way!

Megan said...

Holly!!! People would look at us so weird when we would talk so lovingly about Paco, he seriously makes you feel like he is aware of you and actually enjoys attention. Crazy! I think Scott and I are the only ones who will truly appreciate this post- We love him too Holly, we love him too.