Tagged... Thanks Mom!

Sunday, October 5, 2008

So this blogging thing has been going around and I thought, man if I get tagged I will really have to think about this one because everyone knows everything about me. I'm not very secretive about myself. But anyways, Mom Moore tagged me so here goes...

Six Unremarkable Things About Me:

1. I have a major phobia against band-aids and wiggling toes. I really can't handle seeing a band-aid rolled up on the ground. Even writing this I am having a hard time controlling my urge to heave. Also, if I have a server who has a band-aid on at a restaurant I want to ask for a new server, or not eat. The toes thing makes me crazy if I am sitting next to someone and they wiggle their toes on me. Not cool.

2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to cook. I could spend all day in the kitchen messing around. I love trying new things and tying different ethnic dishes. I think if I could pull it off, I would love to open up a dessert store. It would be like a page out of a pottery barn magazine, with cool table settings and then you can order some tasty desserts from creme brulee to a warm lemon tart with raspberry sauce.

3. I have an awesome imagination and can convince myself that their is a monster in a closet when I am walking down the hall after being blinded by the bathroom lights in the middle of the night. Seriously, I have ran down the hallway, my heart pounding many times. Lame, huh? That's why I am still a bit scared of the dark. (=

4. I once lived a whole summer off pretty much diet coke and fruit roll-ups. Don't ask. It was a crappy summer. But I lost 15 pounds...

5. I am a job gypsy and have had almost every type of job under the sun. I get restless easily and look for a change when things slow down and the new job honeymoon excitement is over. I'm working on this one. It's a fault of mine, that also translates into me quitting when things get difficult or I lose interest. Not cool.

6. My favorite movie is Breakfast at Tiffany's. There are a few reasons. 1) I identify with Holly Golightly. She is a free spirit who likes to have fun and doesn't like being bound to the rules of life. She also has a tendency to run from things which are difficult and is totally a nut case... whoops did I admit that out loud? 2) Audrey Hepburn reminds me of my mom and when I missed her at college I would watch that movie over and over. 3) I love the song "Moon River" sung by Audrey Hepburn. 4) The last line of the movie is in my opinion very deep and has inspired much internal thought. Here, read it yourself:

"You know what's wrong with you, Miss Whoever-you-are? You're chicken, you've got no guts. You're afraid to stick out your chin and say, "Okay, life's a fact, people do fall in love, people do belong to each other, because that's the only chance anybody's got for real happiness." You call yourself a free spirit, a "wild thing," and you're terrified somebody's gonna stick you in a cage. Well baby, you're already in that cage. You built it yourself. And it's not bounded in the west by Tulip, Texas, or in the east by Somali-land. It's wherever you go. Because no matter where you run, you just end up running into yourself."

Hope you enjoyed.

The very official terms & conditions:
Link the person who tagged you.
Mention the rules on your blog.
List 6 unspectacular things about you.
Tag 6 other bloggers by linking them.

I tag: Julie, Mom Tanner, Alicia, Megan, Angee, Kris

12 comments :

Anonymous said...

You didn't tag me! I didn't see that you tagged me. SO I don't have to do it, right? :)

I loved your list and think you should do the dessert eatery. I would be a regular! And I have your ice-cream supplier...

Love you!

Mindy said...

It was fun to read those facts about you. I agree...you should open that dessert eatery. I think that you would make it fabulous if you did.

I should have been the one to tag you on this....:o(. kidding..

Kendyl said...

Nice! I LOVE to bake too...I'll work at your dessert boutique! Seriously!

Moore Family said...

There were a few things I didn't know... like the wiggly toe phobia.

Anonymous said...

Not. gonna. do it.

Anonymous said...

If you love Audrey Hepburn (I am a major Audrey fan as well!), check out her movie "Two For the Road"....best Audrey movie ever! I can understand the draw to Breakfast at Tiffany's...I always watch it when I have the "mean reds."

DavidyAshley Bowen said...

you can come to my house and cook somthing delicious! =) cant wait to see you guys! its going to be endless fun! oh yeah!

Tasha said...

I would have to say I really did learn some new things about you. I just love you Holly! You make me laugh and smile and just plain happy! And if you openned a dessert restraunt you can count on me coming!!

sarawhat said...

Holly you are so funny. Seriously, you would ask for a new server? Would you tell the server why? :)

Megan said...

Um, even your "unremarkable" things are exciting to read. I can't do it, I'm not clever and witty and able to make the unremarkable remarkable. Love you though!

James and Danielle said...

I am with you on the band-aids thing. Also a huge fan of desserts, but instead of making them, I make sure to have all of the ingredients on standby just in case I ever have the craving for something. It drives James crazy. Very fun post.

Kelly said...

Breakfast at Tiffany's is fabulous, and that line single handedly pulled me out of my Freshman Funk. It was a revelation to someone who was becoming one of those "any where but here" girls:). I would consider that your list makes you rather spectacular and not the reverse.