Jack Handy's daughter

Tuesday, February 5, 2008



So upon finding my 6th grade school journals (I was 11) I noticed that there was an underlying theme in many of my entries. Besides the comments about how if I was a certain way everyone would (finally) like me and I'd have some friends at school for once, is the fact that I write a strange entry and then sum it up with a final classic line. Like this:

On what makes me happy:
I'm the happiesed when I get comploments. It makes you feel really good. Also it makes me fell really good and specail. Aspecly when it is somebody you want to make friends with.

Or an animey.


An Enemy? What the heck? And I wonder why I played mostly by myself for those 3 years of middle school. Man, I was deep.

10 comments :

Anonymous said...

Here's a compliment...

You write much better, now! And you are beautiful, and funny, and I miss you.

Tasha said...

Its okay to like compliments. I have decided (quite seriously too) that most people like them. I think it is one of my favorite things to do for people. Brian taught me the importance of them and when Tanner came along he reaffirmed my idea of it. Well, I sure hope you know that you are one of my unsung heros!

The Nelsons said...

Holly you are the cutest, most talented girl ever... I'm sure you don't have one animey anywhere. Love that I can keep up with you now on blogger!

Colleen said...

Well, I always saw a princess in my little girl and today you're even a prettier one. And I think your grammar has improved a little.

Angee said...

I love love love the uncensored. You are fabulous. You need to put all of these in a book. You reveal the basic human emotions we all have. Every post of yours unleashes a hidden memory from my past that reminds me of my own defeats and successes. Your so good!!!!!!!! Dave and I loved reading your commentary leading into both of your journal entries. Very insightful. Your still our favorite blogger. I see a book in the making.

Megan said...

holly- you crack me up! I second Angee- where is the book?! The Life Lessons of Holly Moore? I'm buying ten.

Becca said...

That's great! Glad I am not the only one who spelled like that! I never, NEVER, got 100% on any spelling test in my life!!!EVER!!!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

i love reading old journals- but sometimes I get so embarrassed at how dramatic I was!

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

ahhhh, i love it! You had me laughing out loud!

Daniel T said...

Nice! Your spelling was atrocious! So there is hope for my 7th graders. When I read their essays I often can't get passed their spelling, but this truly gives me hope! On a more serious note, that is a really melancholy entry. That's a hard time in life.