12 Days of Christmas

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

It's been raining a lot and cold and it is not surprising that we should wake up to ants all over the place. We had been warned that the ants are aggressive and would sniff out any kind if food in our room. We didn't have all that much, and it was on the top of the bookshelf so we figured we were safe... Most of the room had already been sprayed with bug spray so we just assumed nothing would come in. I say most of the room because those pesky ants came through an unlikely place that no one would have figured on. The electric outlet plug. I've have learned my lesson and decided to sum it up in a holiday fashion, here goes...

One the twelfth day of Christmas my worse fear gave to me:
12 thousand ants a scrambling
11 paper towels a wiping
10 swear words a muttered
9 sighs of anger
8 ounces of bug spray
7 hundred ants on my arms
6 bags of candy a ruined
5 diet resolutions enforced (because my stash is gone)
4 death threats
3 more swear words
2 hours lost
and a screaming girl whose learned her lesson.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

3 comments :

Colleen said...

Very clever!

Mischa said...

This is hilarious! What is with ants? I swear. They like to come through our back door and nibble on our carpet, which, I'm guessing, must be made of sugar.

Tasha said...

You are much too great. What would we do without Holly (I almost put Holly Tanner . . . it just rolls together. Sorry Jarom) in the world! I just love you!