About Jarom

Monday, July 7, 2008





It always sort of surprises me when people tell me they think Jarom is a serious person. They make comments about him being very reserved, very quiet, a good listener. And they are right, for the most part. Jarom can be reserved and quiet, and he is a good listener, but that is just the surface.

What people don't seem to discover until they get closer to him is that he's got a goofy sense of humor like me. Ok, he is waaay goofier than me. And I love it. He is always on the lookout for a joke or something funny. When you really get him laughing he rocks back into his seat and does this silent laugh that makes his whole face light up. It's adorable and you can't help but laugh because you can tell he's really enjoying himself.

Jarom looks for ways to crack me up. Sometimes it's obvious, sometimes I will miss it and catch on later to what he's been up to, like the following pictures. He plays pranks, delights in scaring me (especially when it's dark!!), and he can make his rubber face into just about any look in the world- which I love- except that it shows up in all the pictures that I actually look good in, so I have to discard them as family pictures. One day when I snap you might get a picture of me looking semi-normal and Jarom making a face for your Christmas Card, since that's all he will do for me. (=

In the mean time I thought I would post the ongoing saga of bendable puppets that have been popping up on the bookshelf in the living room. Every few days I notice they have been silently changed. Hope you like the little glimpse into the real Jarom!


This is the first to show up. Needless to say it cracked me up.


Adoring Tyler's bust... (=


First he tries to kill him...


Now they're friends.


Day dreaming.


Sit-ups.


Kermit doing Flash Dance?

12 comments :

Colleen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Colleen said...

Oh, that's a hoot. I'm still laughing. I love those funny poses. They capture the feeling so perfectly and it's a fun side of Jarom to see. What a great post.

Anonymous said...

Jarom you are a crack up! We sure miss you!

Janelle said...

this is hilarious....love it!

Mindy said...

That's the Jarom I know. What a goof. So funny.

Tasha said...

Love those poses. So funny. It was fun getting to read about Jarom too because I don't know him at all and I love knowing about his personality. :)

Anonymous said...

I love Jarom! You are lucky you got him. And I agree. I used to think he was serious and reserved and the more I get to know him the funnier he is. I think when Jarom is comfortable his real self comes out. The funny, charming, super cool Jarom.

Karene said...

OMG, pictures!!! Wahoo. I read this entire blog entry! Jarom, I am sorry we will never meet...every time we try, it doesn't work out. But you make my Holly happy, so you must be alright.

Moore Family said...

even tho I get to see these in person I still laugh when I look at these pictures. Every day I look at kermit and the monkey to see what they are up to. It's amazing that Jarom can figure out new poses.

Daniel T said...

I want...no, I need these puppets.

Daniel T said...

Oh, I think Jarom looks dreamy in the shot of him staring out at the ocean contemplating what must be the deepest of humanity's questions.

Kelly said...

Okay, I literally spit water all over my work computer so thanks a lot! Where did you get that Kermit the Frog?!I'd like a tip on where to find a husband with that sense of humor as well!