Sea-dooing

Thursday, September 13, 2007







The day we went to Santos Dad treated us to a 25 minute ride on a Sea-doo. That 25 minutes was the scariest of my life. Jarom drove, going wild on the waves until my butt went numb from slamming into the seat. Through all the screaming I admit I had fun. Jarom zipped back and forth catching air on the waves, and making sharp turns. A few times he turned so hard that I couldn't hold on and went plunging into the sea (I had the bruises on my legs to prove it). At one point he had me sitting in front of him because I couldn't stay on the way he was driving.

I would like to explain that Jarom is a fish, he loves all things water and beach. Everytime we got knocked in (and if I knew that I was going in, I tried my very hardest to take him with me) he looked like he was having the time of his life. I on the other hand, am terrified of the ocean and did not enjoy bobbing up and down as fishfood for sharks. On one particularly brutal crash Jarom told me I looked like I was being eaten by a shark because I looked so scared in the water. I explain that I WAS scared, not only because I don't like dark, deep water but because the bottoms of my tankini set had slid completely off and they were around my ankles. It was ten times scarier, thinking I was going to lose my pants than a leg. (= For Jarom that day was the cherry on the top of his vacation.

After the Sea-dooing we went to this little fishing city near Santos, the beach was picturesque as it was filled with small fishing boats on the land and the sea. Little fresh fish markets lined the street making the scene complete. Three Cheers for Santos, tankini bottoms that add excitement but still stay on, and fishing villages. Thanks Mom and Dad!

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

I wish you would have lost your britches!

Funny post. I can sympathize with you. I HATE the ocean. love it when I'm not in it, but swimming in it is another story. So scary.

Glad you had fun. Adam and I hope we can get out there, too.

Love you!

Katherine said...

Wow, what a fun vacation! I love your blog! You're such a fun writer. I bet your mom and dad loved having you out there! I'm a water lover and Bobby is totally afraid of deep, dark water, so he sympathizes with you!

Spring said...

Holly it's good to hear from you. Your vaca sounds fun...bit jealous!
Mmmh, warmth and suntans!